The emblem of Timisoara municipality is the coat of arms of Timisoara municipality approved by the Decision no. 102/19.09.1995 of the Local Council and the seal of the Local Council of Timisoara Municipality and Timisoara City Hall.
The coat of arms of Timisoara
Published in the Official Gazette of August 2nd, 1930
Described by N. Iliesu, Timisoara, Historical Monograph, 1943, p.95
Timisoara Coat of arms - description
The coat of arms is divided into two parts by a vertical line. The upper half is divided again by another vertical line into two equal parts.
In the upper right corner, on a red background, it is presented a golden bridge (Trajan's bridge), erected over the waves, with two bowed openings, built from chopped stone, of which a golden lion comes out.
Up, to the left, on gold, there is a grey stone tower, built on a green meadow, with double cornices, two round windows up in the tower and at the ground floor, a gate with a black iron wheel. Its roof is red and two red curtains decorated with silvery crosses fall from it. In the 18th century, this tower collected fresh water for the citizens of the town, from the Bega canal through an aqueduct.
In the lower half, on a blue field, the golden sun, seen frontally, is presented rising above the city, and to the left, it is the dark, silvery moon, going down, and symbolizing the defeat of the Turks by the winning Christians.
In the middle, it is presented the town itself, with its industrial and public buildings, surrounded by the citadels of the old fortress, developed from the Bega canal along its waters flown from the Timis River.
In the middle of the escutcheon, the arms of the Hohenzollern ruling house are presented.
On the shield, it is a golden crown with seven branches and with precious blue and red stones. The inner part of the crown is wrapped in a purple material. The shield is supported to the right and to the left by two grey horses with flowing manes and tails in the wind, supporting the shield with their front feet, one of the back feet and with their chest.
The golden letter inscription surrounded by golden circles is: "THE SEAL OF THE FREE AND ROYAL TOWN OF TIMISOARA”